Unruly Book Reviews and Reflections
Writing honest book reviews. Critiques are written with kindness and respect in mind, not “niceness”. I welcome feedback and as a member of The Unruly Book Club you are free to disagree with me.
Genres of interest:
- Banned Books
- Antiracist reads
- Reading popular books (e.g., Booktok recommended)
- Psychological nonfiction
- Intersectional feminist reads
- and more.
- Book Review & Analysis: Vote Her In (Your Guide to Electing Our First Woman President)I felt challenged to consider my own internalized misogyny and whether I have the same expectations for women politicians that I do men. Sive does not try to shame readers nor imply that by disagreeing…
- Top 5 Book RecommendationsFor my first recommendation post, I wanted to choose that I not only loved from beginning to end, but also own as part of my collection.
- “Love, Stargirl”“Stargirl” (from 2000) was one of my favorite books growing up, but the book I loved even more was “Love, Stargirl”, the sequel.